I haven’t had any serious photography session in a long while. So last two weeks ago, together with our company photography club, we organized a portrait session centering on a different poses. We started with… More
Jen (Nadine Lustre) is an island tourist guide who loves to dance without an audience due to a childhood traumatic experience. Her dancing in the middle of the ocean caught the eyes of the passing tourists and her video went viral in social media. Vin (Sam Concepcion) who happens to be in the same island immediately sought her to be a new member of Indak Pinas , a dance group that would represent the Philippines in the World Dance Competition in South Korea.
WHAT I LIKED!
- I love the actors. First, Nadine Lustre has the perfect island girl look. .We all know she’s a total performer. She can sing, dance and act. And I’m happy that she got a chance to show it off here. She embodies the look of real Filipina beauty. But what I like most from Nadine Lustre was that she has both mainstream and contemporary appeal. Like for example, I can imagine her take indie film roles and do it with justice. Something that won’t work with other mainstream actresses. She has that kind of magic for me. Sam Concepcion is perfect also for this movie. He can dance but I love his singing more. He also surprised me that he can act. He has this expressive and vulnerable eyes. I never saw him act so it’s a revelation to me. I want to see more of him.
- The visuals and framing. I was blown-away how they showcase Bantayan Island in Cebu . For me, this is a low-key tourism video and I say that in a positive light. I love the colors they put whenever the scene is in Bantayan at broad daylight. It brings out the paradise in this island.
- The music. I appreciate that they invested in original songs for this movie. I personally like the song “Sumayaw sa Indak”. There was this authentic Filipino pride in that song that sends the message of “never giving up” in dancing tune.
- It’s rare for Philippine Cinema to have a sort of musical movie targeting younger audiences. I love the song and dance numbers. On top of that, there was this whole poetic narrations from Nadine that anchored the whole movie. It is ambitious. I like it and it turns out really fresh.
MESSAGE of THE MOVIE
Don’t let a one-time disappointment pull you down and limit your world. And also the support you can give to your friends and family can go a long way in helping them face their fears. This theme explored between the relationship of Jen and her mother (Yayo Aguila). Their relationship is the most moving part of the movie.
WHAT I DON’T LIKE!
- Underdeveloped sub-plots. Is there a love triangle? Not so much. Is this a love story? Yes, kind of. Is this about the journey of a Filipino creatives braving the international stage? Yes. There was a chemistry with Nadine and Sam but it felt like the movie skipped on building it up appropriately. So when it’s time for the characters to make drama out if it, there was this lack of intensity. I have to mention that I specially hated the scene at the airport. So there’s a love triangle drama going on in the most inconvenient time. While, it can give the movie the conflict it should have, the lack of development leading to that conflict is just problematic. Perhaps, the movie has some issues with balancing between their journey to the world dance and the romance backstory.
- There were awkward lip syncing going on in some of the parts of the movie. It’s not the talent’s fault because their voices are really great. It’s just the technicality of syncing their voice and the video. And it’s unsettling to watch.
FINAL VERDICT! ★★★½
3.5 out of 5 stars! Despite the many flaws in the story, the movie is refreshing, brave and has good message.
###########SPOILER time. Beware of the following section if you haven’t watched it. You have been warned.#####################################
1.SUDDEN unprofessionalism from Nadine’s character. As I’ve mentioned above, there was this annoying airport scene wherein Jen did not show up in the airport for their boarding time. I didn’t get the sudden drama of not showing of having second thoughts. Also, Vin and Jen are living in the same condo. Why don’t they go the airport together? In the end Jen showed to the airport and the following scenes suggests that she and Sam flew on a different plane. Jen’s selfishness carried on before the competition itself as she did not inform the team that she’s already in the venue. And she just showed when they are about to dance. I get it that she’s heartbroken but the events leading to it did not get proper build-up to make her actions justifiable.
2. They didn’t win as champions in World Dance Competition.
3. Sam’s character was engaged in the past and it turns out that he has not moved on and has been using Jen as rebound. Some scenes suggests that the girl might have been dead already.
4. It was not really clear if they became officially together at the end. Or Indak team were just having a vacation in Bantayan Island after the competition.
And that’s it ! I’ve been watching a lot of films these days. And I have more movie reviews coming up. If you have watched this film, let me now your thoughts below!
It’s not too late for everything,
Alex (Michael V) is an optimistic and successful animator, with a beautiful wife and kind son. Everything seems perfect until they learned that his wife May (Dawn Zulueta) has stage 4 cancer. To make matters worst, she revealed that she has been cheating from for 2 years already.
What I like:
The cinematography is lit. It’s rosy and colorful like some sort of filter you’ll choose if you want to be pretty in pictures. I think it reflects Alex positivity in life even toppled by multiple problems. I also love the insertion of animations here whenever Alex’ mind is in chaos. It’s crazy and beautifully crafted.
Nonie Buencamino as gay boss is my favorite character here. I love all his scenes. It felt like he has more heart than everyone in this movie. He’s really a gem. It’s obvious that he’s the best actor in this movie. Even with the minimal number of scenes.
The Message of the Movie
Obviously the message of the movie are targeted for married couples. They should work on their communication and make sure they don’t lose their touch amidst busy schedule and struggles. They should work together to keep the romance alive. You’ll never know when tragedy strikes so make sure to express love whenever you can. Don’t neglect each other.
What I don’t like:
The jokes and drama don’t jive well. The scene is serious and could have made an impact but they just have to drop jokes in such an awkward way. Drama can be funny too. It’s just did not work on this one. Some are even downright cringy. I’m a fan of Bitoy and seriously I watched this one solely because of him. I also believe he can be a great drama actor. I still remember the time he acted in an Eat Bulaga Lenten Drama Special where he acted as mentally-challenged man. Damn,he was so good! He did it here in this movie too but sadly, his character’s jokes felt forced and unnatural for the situation. The momentum of the drama is often destroyed.
The twist in the end and the subplot about their son did not add impact to the whole narrative. The scene between him and John Estrada was like a big joke. It could have been the climax of the movie. It could have been a heart-wrenching moment as Alex finally faced the cheating partner but once again it felt flat. Super flat.
Final verdict: 2 out of 5 stars
The movie is confused if it wants to be an impactful family drama or to be a comedy. Did not succeed to both categories.
You know everything from Korea nowadays is IN! Make-up trend is not an exception. And the latest thing that pique my interest are Lip Powders. So here is me trying a lip powder for the first time in the form of G21 Super Powder Matte Stain. They says its a dupe for Periperi lip tint to achieve the highly coveted Korean gradient lips.
I am not sure though if G21 is from Korea. Through my research, I stumbled upon this page from Lazada as they are official sellers there named as G21 Skin Care Official . It says here that it’s a Filipino brand from Cabuyao Laguna. They offer range of beauty products and I found them interesting due to the raves I read online. I might try their lip crayon next. They seem to be really popular now for make-up fanatics. Actually, this lip powder that I am going to feature now has numerous features in youtube vlogs already.
And I joined them. Witness my try-out application video of G21 Super Powder Matte Water Stain below. I put timestamps so you’ll be directed straight to application part. Witness my awkward talking and weird editing skills. Bear with me haha!
Meanwhile, I am not a make-up guru myself and I don’t aspire myself to be . But…I have this thing with lipsticks or lippies in general. I am an addict! Llipsticks for me is the magical wand among all make-up products. I love lipsticks. Just lipstick alone could give you a different personality.
But enough of the blabber, G21 Super Powder Matte Water Stain promises these things according to the Facebook reseller’s ad.
- It’s not drying.
- It does not crack or get cakey when dried.
- It’s not transferable.
- It’s a lip tint but gets powdery matte when dried.
- Bubblegum scent
By the way I bought this at Facebook marketplace for P150.00 each. I bought Yumi and Jam shade as recommended by the online seller. Here’s the G21 Facebook page. It’s only P120.00 each there.
This is me after applying the “JAM” shade. It’s reddish. I had a rough time straightening the edges since it uses a roller. I find it weird but I love it when it dried. It is a liptint at first but it looks like a lipstick after a minute.
This is me applying the YUMI shade. It’s just a light pink shade, just a color of your lips, only better. I like it too but I think I am really more suitable for the darker shades.
❤️What I like: It delivers almost all what it promises specially the lightweight, non-cracking, non-drying parts. It also made my lips looks full somehow. I love it! I also recently use this as cheek blush too now.
😠What I don’t like: It’s not transfer-proof although it does not transfer a lot . I also noticed it’s not that long-lasting. Well, it’s a lip tint after all. And the roller applicator takes a lot of getting used to to define the edges.
But I find the cons tolerable compared to how wonderful it is. So my verdict will be!
Gurezu rating: 4 out of 5 stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⚝
Again, please watch or subscribe to my newborn youtube channel. Gurezu Reviews. I would review about these things mainly: entertainment, products, travel and food. But mostly movies/series because of Netflix hoho. The first episode is about a lippie because it’s my addiction that’s all.
Thank you again beshies. And remember that It’s not too late for everything! It’s not too late to dream! It’s not too late to chase the life you want.
First of all, if you want to translate the content of this blog to any language that you feel comfortable to, feel free to use the translator widget located at the sidebar of this blog ———–>
At nagpapatuloy ang aking Black Mirror Reviews dahil manghang-maangha ako sa bawat episode nito. Unique kasi ang mga kuwento at tipong mapapaisip ka talaga kung anong paniniwalaan mo o kung anong papanindigan mo. Sa mga hindi pa pamilyar kung ano ang Black Mirror. Ito ay isang anthology series at collection ng mga “cautionary tales” kapag naging masyado nang advance ang technology at kung paano ito makakaapekto sa society at relationships. Ang rebyu ko sa season 1 ay narito lamang sa link na ito. Mapapanood ito sa Netflix.
Season 2 Episode 1: Be Right Back
Anong gagawin mo kapag biglang nawala ang pinakamamahal mo at may teknolohiya na maaring makagawa ng magandang replika niya base sa “personality blueprint” na iniwan niya sa internet? Kaya rin nitong gayahin ang boses at katawan.
Naku ang episode na ‘to sobrang nakaka-affected. Ang ganda ganda! Purihin ko muna ang dalawang aktors na gumanap dito dahil ang galing nila. Hindi OA na maraming iyak pero ang bigat. Nadama ko.
Ang creepy ng kuwento nito sa totoo lang. Iyong una, ayaw rin ni Martha sa idea nito, pero sa sobrang lungkot at desperasyon noong nawala si Ash, sinubukan niya. Eventually na-adik na rin siya pansamantalang “comfort”. Ngunit kahit gaano man kagaling ang teknolohiya, wala itong kaluluwa. Ito ang pinakamensahe ng story. Sa huli, hindi naging sapat ang fake Ash. Hindi kailanman. Sa kasamaang palad, nasira lang nito ang tamang “grieving process” ni Martha at hindi siya tuluyang nag-heal. Bagkus lumalim pa ang sakit.
Another lesson siguro, huwag masyadong ma-adik sa internet. Hindi pinakita kung paano namatay si Ash dito pero pinakita rito na heavy user siya in unreasonable level. Sa tingin ko may kinalaman iyon sa pagkamatay niya. Ipinakita rin nito na imperfect boyfriend siya at maaring magaing pa ang fake Ash sa ibang bagay. Ngunit sa huli walang makakapantay sa totoong siya. Humans are imperfect but we have a soul.
Final Verdict; 9.5/10, Dama ko siya.
Season 2 Episode 2: White Bear
Nagising minsan ang isang babae sa isang kuwarto na walang naalala na kahit ano from the past. Paglabas niya, may mga humahabol sa kaniya na gusto siyang patayin. Marami namang tao sa paligid ngunit walang tumutulong sa kaniya. Lahat sila nirerecord lang siya through their mobile phones.
Hindi ko masyadong “feel” ang episode na ‘to. Siguro dahil pagod ako noong nanood ako nito at tinatamad ako mag-isip. Although naipaliwanag naman sa huli ang twist. *SPOILER* And lugar na kinalalagyan ng babae ay isang amusement park kung saan paulit-ulit na parurusahan ang isang convict pyschologically. Ang tanong, makatarungan ba ito? Kung sa akin lang, kung totoo ang krimen na ipinaparatang sa kaniya, why not?!
Final Verdict: 6.5/10, Wala akong na-feel masyado sa episode na ito compared sa few episodes na napanood ko prior this.
Season 2 Episode 3: The Waldo Moment
Si Waldo ay isang cartoon character na pinapagalaw at binobosesan live ni Jamie Salter gamit ang isang aparato. Sikat si Waldo dahil bastos siya at walang-galang sa mga pulitiko na guest ng kanilang show. Sa hindi inaasahang pagkakataon, natagpuan niya ang sarili na tumatakbo sa totoong eleksyon dahil sa kasikatan niya. Maging si Jamie ay nagulat dahil maraming gustong bumoto at malaki ang pag-asa niyang manalo kahit isang cartoon character lamang si Waldo.
Ito raw ang pnaka-least favorite sa mga episode ng black mirror. And I can see why.Hindi masyadong justifiable Ang biglaang pagsikat ni Waldo. Hindi rin siya nakakatawa cartoon character for me. Gayunpaman, napapanahon ang mensahe na gustong sabihin ng episode na ito. Ang mga tao, pipiliin nila kung sino ang sikat, magaling magsalita, kahit bagsak sa character , walang plataporma at tila ba panggulo lang. Hindi ba pamilyar? Isipin niyo lang ang nakaraang eleksyon sa pagka senado sa Pilipinas. Ang masakit niyan, totoong tao si Waldo. At nanalo pa tlaga. At least si Waldo, wala naman criminal record.
Nakakaawa rin si Jamie rito, ang taong kumokontrol kay Waldo. Successful si Waldo pero hindi niya maramdaman na tagumpay niya rin ito as comedian. Tila ba hindi kayang angkinin. Sa huli, mas naging makapagyarihan si Waldo sa kaniya and he ended up like an empty shell.
Rating: 8/10 stars
Christmas Special: White Christmas
Hmmm. Medyo mahirap para sa akin gawan ng commentary ang isang ito. Hindi sa mahirap siyang intindihin. Pakiramdam ko, iyong mga na-agrabyado sa episode na ito sila pa iyong sobrang naparusahan! Lahat sila may pagkakamali like humans always do. Iyong iba nga ay hindi naman tao in the first place.
1. Harry – isang awkward na young professional who wanted to score a date. Kinuha niya si Matt bilang “Pick-up” mentor. Ang mentorship ay real-time. Gumagamit sila ng “Z-Eye”. Parang Google Glass pero nakaimplant na sa mata or sa utak. Lahat ng pwede nating agwin with our mobile devices like calling, taking photos and videos, kaya na ring gawin through Z-eye. Lahat ng nakikita ni Harry, napapanood ni Matt at nakakapagbigay siya ng live advice kung ano ba dapat sabihin at ikilos para makakuha siya ng date and hopefully, get laid. Siya ang unang casualty sa White Christmas. Sobrang nakakaawa kung ano ang kinahitnan ng supposed to be first date niya. Yes, ang creepy na nag-acquire siya ng services ni Matt. But still, he doesn’t deserve what happened to him.
2. Cookie – hindi ito ang pangalan ng tao pero panagalan ito ng isa pang technology na na-introduce sa episode. Ang cookie ay “duplicate” ng consciousness at memories ng taong nag-avail ng services na ito upang gawing virtual assistant. Nakakaawa ang mga “Cookies” dahil para sa akin, para silang kaluluwa na na-trap sa isang egg shaped container. They are not just like Amazon Alexa or Iphone Siri. They have thoughts, memories and feelings ng taong pinanggalingan nila. Sabi nila, they are just piece of codes. Pero kung para lang silang code, bakit kailangan silang isailalim sa torture para lang sumunod. Para silang kaluluwa na ginawang alipin.
3. Matt – Hmmm. This is a grey area. Masamang tao siya. No doubt about that. Hindi ako sang-ayon na shinishare niya ang live streaming ng dating adventure ni Harry sa grupo ng mga perverts. Pero iyong punishment sa kaniya sa huli, parang sobrang bigat for me. Pero hindi ako masyadong naaawa sa kaniya.
4. Joe – Waaah! Don’t get me started on this one. Siya pinaka-nakakaawa sa lahat. He was cheated on, blocked by the person he loved the most and the tragedy went on. Iyong nangyari sa cookie niya aka sa duplicate soul ang pinakamalalang punishment sa Black Mirror universe. Mas malala pa sa White Bear episode. He does not deserve this!
Maraming kuwento pero maganda ang pagkaka-habi nila sa isa’t-isa. White Christmas is a hard watch but it is beautifully written and crafted with twists. It will make you ponder about what really makes us human and what extent of cruelty we can do with all advancement in technology.
Rating: 8.5/10 stars. Beautiful but most cruel episode of Black Mirror for me. I stopped watching for three days after this.
That’s it for Season 2. How about you? What do you think of Black Mirror? And what are your favorites so far. I love love to talk about it!
Remember, you are awesome! Don’t let other people tell otherwise!
Facebook: Gurezu Blog
Hi Beshies! I won’t say a lot for words for this post. I just wanted to feature these two dresses I bought from Labyrinth Garden. Actually I won’t say they were two different dresses because they have the same style, only different colors, black and white. I had the pleasure of taking photos while wearing this in several occasion. I guess it’s obvious why its called “fallen angel” dresses. Their main strap at the back has winged like feature. The dresses itself is very simple but the detailed added at the back made the dress so specially-looking for me. I love dresses like this. I believe you can wear them casually. I did.
By the way I bought this at P650.00 each only.
These photos are taken by different photographer friends that followed my directions (hahaha thank you friends for the patience). Some are taken by me with the help of camera timer feature.
WHITE FALLEN ANGEL
Fallen Angel Taking a Bath
This is the first time I tried Kawa Hot Bath. Of course, I won’t let the opportunity pass to have a thematic photoshoot. This happened during our team building in Paradis Island in Cavinti Laguna. Great place for those who want to escape the city life. There was really weak mobile signal there! It’s a remote island surrounded by lake. I haven’t blogged about this. Maybe soon. But here’s their instagram page @paradisisland.ph if you are curious.
The Kawa Hot Bath is not really hot of course. It’s only warm. But there was this fear of getting burned or boiled alive. So I made it sure to make this photoshoot fast. I just really tried this for photos.
Well how about broken glasses and scream words as background…
This dress even took me to Paris. Unbelievable!
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL
Now it’s time for the black fallen angel. Paired with deep red lipstick. Most of these photos were taken in Torres Land Farm which features replicas of famous landmarks around the world. I wrote a separate blog about it here.
So the following photos are self-portraiture. This was also during our stay in @paradisisland.ph as part of our team building. The room was super nice. I can’t resist the itch for photoshoot. My colleagues were all downstairs preparing to depart from the island. And here I am taking quick chances. I didn’t have tripod so I had to improvised using tables and some pile of books. I tried to look a little bit snobbish and devilish. You know, to be in-character.
But I can’t hold that snob look any loner. So the childish smiley self went out still.
Wow, I thought I’ll be writing just one paragraph but it turns out this post became chatty as well. I hope you find this dress really cute as I do. I am not sure if this is available but Labyrinth Garden has many beautiful dresses as well. They are most pre-loved but well curated and styled. It specializes on Lolita and Kawaii Fashion. This is locally owned by a Filipino designer and stylist.
And that’s it beshies! As usual, remember you’re awesome and don’t let anybody make you believe otherwise,
Hi Beshies! So maraming nagsasabi na maganda ang anthology series na ito na mapapanood sa Netflix. I had reservation in the past na panoorin ito kasi nakaka-depress daw ang mga stories. Pero this week, I finally gave in. In search for something clever to watch. Iyong tipong mamangha ka or mapapaisip. Pero kung pagod ka, gusto mo manood ng light lang na nakakarelax, I advise huwag ito panoorin mo.
Una sa lahat, for those are not familiar, Black Mirror is an anthology series. Iba-iba ang storya ng bawat episodes pero umiikot ito sa tema ng modern technology at paano ito nakakaapekto sa society at relationships. Hindi siya horror series but more on sci-fi ang genre niya. Every episode was beautifully crafted and warnings about the dangers of technology in the hands of current society. And I want to commend the writer Charlie Brooker. Para sa akin, isa siyang genius!
Season 1 Episode 1: The National Anthem
Synopsis: Nakidnap ang isang member ng royalty at ang hinihingi nilang ransom: makipag sex ang Prime Minister sa isang hayop in front of national television.
Honestly, thrilling ang episode na ito dahil malaki ang at stake. Pero nakakainis din kasi, the authority could have done better. Message of the story: sa social media age, mas madali na mang-bully, mang-harass and even mang terrorize ng tao sa buong mundo. Imbes na maging pribado ang imbestigasyon sa paghahanap sa prinsesa, mas naging vulnerable pa dahil sa bilis ng pagkalat ng impormasyon. People loves drama. Minsan ang isang problema, lumalaki dahil marami na nakisawsaw imbes na ma-resolve ang issue privately. In the end, dahil benta sa madla ang drama, mas nag focus ang mga tao sa screens kaysa sa iligtas ang prinsesa, moreover, ang Prime Minister from a tragic ending.
Final Verdict: 7 out of 10 stars.
Season 1 Episode 2 : Fifteen Million Merits
Synopsis: Set in a dystopian society. Ang mga trabaho ng mga maralitang tao rito ay mag stationary bike para mag-generate ng energy or kuryente sa komunidad. Hinid ko alam kung prison ba ito o sadiyang ito na ang mismong environment nila. Maaring sira na ang earth at isang “enclosed environment” na nagkatira ang mga tao kasi wala akong nakitang ni isang eksena na nagsasabing mayroon pang “nature” or “outdoor”. Ang pera nila rito ay digital na in a form of “merits”. Mas maraming merits, mas maraming pera. Mas masipag silang mag-bike, mas maraming merits. Ang tanging paraan para umangat sila sa buhay ay sumali sa isang talent reality show na parang “American Idol” ang format. Ang nakita ko sa episode na ito ay ang objectification base on looks. Parang ahh maganda ka, dito ka. Ahhh mataba ka, dito ka. At kung maganda ka naman at may advantage ka, hindi ibig sabihin noon ay automatic na ang pagganda ng buhay mo. Nawawala na rin ang totoong koneksyon ng mga tao sa bawat isa dahil puro na lang nakatutok sa screens. Siguro ang nakakalungkot lang din , kahit ang taong ayaw sa sistema, wala ring choice sa huli kung hindi magpalamon dito.
Final Verdict: Mejo boring sa umpisa. 7 out of 10 stars
Season 2 Episode 3: The Entire History of You
Imagine this! Lahat ng memories mo, pwede na ma-store sa electronic chip na konektado sa utak. Pwede mo i-replay lahat ng nakita mo at pwede mo rin panoorin sa t.v na parang DVD. Ito ang premise ng An Entire History of you at kung paano nito naitulak ang isang lalaki sa kapraningan.
Ito ang favorite ko sa mga episode Season 1. Ang ganda! Napaka believable ng technology. Kung tutuusin parang maganda magkaroon ng ganitong technology in the future. Maaring bumaba ang crime rates dahil wala ka na maitatago sa awtoridad. Kapag kailangang imbestigahan ang tao, mapapatunayan niyang inosente siya sa pamamagitan pagbibigay ng kopya na kanilang memorya. Ngunit gaya ng ibang teknologiya, kapalit nito ang kawalan ng privacy ng tao. At maari rin itong madulot ng panibagong anxieties at paranoia. E di ba nga sa facebook pa lang, studies shows na nagti-trigger ito ng mga psychological disorders specially anxieties. Although sa story na ito, mukhang tama naman na na-praning ang lead character na si Liam. Minsan ang pag disconnect sa teknolohiya ang magbibigay pa sa atin ng kapayapaan.
Verdict: 9/10, Nice imaginative technology that could breed more good stories.
That’s it for Season 1. Ang dami ko pang hahabulin! Anyway I post more updates of my Black Mirror reviews in my Facebook page Gurezu Blog. Sharing you the album of my reviews of what I have watched so far in this link.
How about you? What do you think of Black Mirror? And what are your favorites so far. I love love to talk about it!
Remember, you are awesome! Don’t let other people tell otherwise!
Fantasy World is supposed to be the Disneyland of the Philippines. However, due to lack of investors, the development of this amusement park went kaput. Nowadays, it is one of the the popular destinations in Lemery, Batangas for sightseeing and taking photos.
Last February 2019 I finally got an opportunity to have a photoshoot there. The client was the one who booked the place. These are the keypoints on how to reserve Fanstasy World as Photoshoot venue as of this writing.
- Overall fee is P6000.00
- P5000.00 for the venue itself
- P1000.00 entrance fee for maximum capacity of 10 people.
- There is no advance reservation. This is on first come first serve basis. You would visit and book the place as photoshoot venue on the day itself.
- Bringing food from outside is not allowed. There are affordable silog meals available inside. I was not able to get the specific price but they were less than P150.00 each.
- They have a nice dressing room or headquarter which could be a photoshoot venue in itself.
To tell you the truth I didn’t like their CR. I hope they improve that in the future. The development of this amusement park may not proceed anymore but the place is still earning as tourist spot and photoshoot venue. When we were there, there were ongoing prenup and debut shoot aside from our own pre-birthday shoot. I hope it’s enough to put some attention with their CR.
But overall, Fanstasy land is a GREAT photoshoot ground. There are so much fantastic backdrops to choose from. From the lush greeneries from the sentimental feels of abandoned amusement rides. I would like to go back there myself for another fantasy themed shoot. To tell you the truth, we were caught off-guard with the weather. The sudden outpour of rain and drizzle interrupted our shoot numerous times. Photographers won’t mind being wet but our equipment were not weatherproof! I would like to have a photoshoot here with good sunny weather next time.
By the way I am the secondary photographer in this photoshoot. To have a different perspective from the main, I used 35mm fujinon lens which explains why my photos are mostly closed-up shots. Aside from photos, we also shoot the “Save the Date” video (see video at the end of this blog”. This photoshoot and video are included as a package of G2Photography Photoman and Photo Coverage which also covers the photography services on the day of the birthday party itself. If you’re interested, just click this link directing to their fb page.
I think that’s all for my short write-up. It’s time for photo flood! Please be reminded that the following featured photos were the only ones taken by yours truly.
And here’s the “Save the Date” video which features more sights in Fantasy World. Videography and edit made by Zstarter Film.
Well of course,the crew should have pictures too!
The following photos are from G2photography, our main photographer.
Let me end this blog with a photo of a …
I used FujiXT20 with 35mm F1.4 fujinon lens. Photos are edited through Lightroom.
That’s all folks! I hope you enjoyed this photo flood blog. Fantasy World is really a great photo venue and I think P6,000 is a affordable enough. Just be mindful of the weather so you can maximize the venue.
OVERALL CREDITS TO THE FOLLOWING:
Photographers: Gerard DangcaMary Grace Sabado (G2Photograhy)
Videographers/Editors: Zstarter Unciano Regino EJ Deliquina (ZSTARTERFILM)
HMUA: Patricia Kyle Guintu
Event Organizer and Party Needs: Daniela Party Needs
Remember, you are all awesome!
FB: GUREZU BLOG
Can you believe it? We’re now on the second of the month of the year. It felt like we just celebrated “New Year” yesterday. Crazy!
To welcome the “Love Month”, I’ll be doing a review of this lipstick I found in Watsons SM Megamall Branch. The packaging is so “Valentines”. It’s red. It has a heart shape window. It says “I Love Make Up and Crazy In Love”. I’m not actually not sure at first which ever is the brand name of this lipstick or the name of the series.
It costs only P249.00 and already contains four lipstick. It’s affordable and intriguing enough. So I give it a go!
Interestingly enough, each shade has a name describing the characteristic of every person who falls crazily in love. Are you fearless? Are you like a fool? Are you hot and cold? Are you addicted? Which one are you?
Now it’s time to hop on favorite part. I wore each shade each day and I took these photo every morning before I go to work.
- Addicted: This is the first day and I started with a bright red shade. It is a matte lipstick but I didn’t feel it was heavy or drying on my lips. It’s fairly easy to spread too. I am not comfortable with liquid lipsticks because I am not good in applying it. However, this lipstick did not give a the hard time.
On the other hand, it leaves stains in the cup. And it’s also easy to be removed by eating and drinking water. But then again, so is the more expensive lippies I had. So I didn’t treat this as so much of a BAD side.
2. Hot and Cold. Wow, this is my favorite shade even on other brand of lipsticks. It’s a light pink shade slightly leaning on nude. It does not come off too strong but it’s not going to make you look pale. This is the kind of color that I can wear everyday.
3. Like A Fool . This is a chocolatey color. I don’t think I’ll be going to wear this one on a daily or even monthly basis. Aside from I’m not comfortable with the color, it looks like the consistency is different from the first two. I tried so hard to cover up my whole lips with the color but it was not happening. Perhaps this is just a bad lip day. After taking some photos, I erased this shade and went on the last shade of this series. I don’t think I can go to work with this one. I don’t want to look like a fool.
Although I can see myself wearing this in a costume party or Halloween party. I also feel like it’s giving me a rocker vibe.
4. Fearless. And for the last shade, this one is in dark pink shade. I’m kind of convinced that I have a bad lip day because I also had a hard time applying this one. But pulled it off in the end. I think. I love this color too. But this is for the days that you feel you want to look bold. Not for everyday look for me but I could use this on a weekly basis.
And because today’s shade is fearless, I tried to try to break free from the usual timid poses and do it with some attitude. Pardon me if the following looks a little bit force. I did my best haha!
This is now my 3-pointer summary:
- What I love about this lippie series is that it’s affordable but the quality is great. It’s easy to apply. It’s a matte lipstick but won’t let your lips dry. The packaging spells LOVE. I totally recommend this lippie. If there are boyfriends looking for an affordable gift for their girlfriends this coming Valentines Day, this lippie set from Watsons would be great.
- What I don’t like is it’s easy to be removed upon drinking or eating.
- If I were to rank the shades in this series, that would be in the following order; Hot and Cold, Addicted, Fearless and the least would be “Like a Fool” because I don’t feel like I can wear this shade as often as I wanted to.
Thank you beshies. I hope you enjoyed this lipstick review. I think this would be a start of more lipstick reviews in the future because of all make-up we have in our world today, I feel like the lipsticks are the most magical. I’m on the lookout for the best lipstick out there. I want a lipstick that is affordable, long-lasting, healthy and fitting for a lifestyle of busy women like us. I believe I haven’t found it yet. So I’ll be writing about it more. If you have recommendation, just leave a comment.
Remember, it’s not too late for everything ❤
I posted the following thoughts through my facebook page “Gurezu Blog” and just re-posting it here. This is no way a formal movie review. I just wrote my train of thoughts while I’m watching it inside the theater. WARNING: This will contain spoilers so watch out!
🤔Plot: Matagal nang hindi nagkikita ang magkapatid na Mary Jane (Toni) at Mary Anne (Alex) simula pagkabata. Ngunit komplikado ang kanilang pagtatagpong muli. Ikakasal na si Mary Anne sa ex-boyfriend ni Mary Jane. At kahit mahirap, pumayag si Mary Jane maging wedding coordinator. Promising premise sana.
🤔 10-20 minutes watching this film. “Ang boring. Parang mas nakakaaliw pa Jack Em Popoy which I thought I don’t like that much.”
🤔Napaka unnecessary ng role ni Melai Cantiveros dito. She is supposed to be the best friend of Alex character. Pero parang nandito lang siya to be mocked and hurt physically for the sake of being “FUNNY”. Pero lumabas na napakakorni at hindi nakakatawa. Sayang naman sa part ni Melai Cantiveros.
🤔 I liked Alex Gonzaga here. Siya lang ang funny sa pelikulang ‘to. Na-realized ko may “K” rin siya maging kontrabida and pwede rin siya sa drama. I thought she’s just loud and maharot which sells in vlogging stint niya. Pero okay pala talaga siya umarte if given a chance. But still, it’s not enough to save the whole movie.
🤔 Ang exciting scene lang dito is the confrontation scene. And after noon, gusto ko na lang matapos na iyong movie.
🤔 Bakit hindi naglilinis ng tainga si Mary Anne (Alex Gonzaga)? Kasi mahirap daw ang buhay sa abroad. Ang dami niyang pinagdaanan… Say what??
🤔Non-sense iyong pag bi-break ni Toni G and Sam Milby sa flashback. I’m not convinced. Parang dapat lang talaga silang mag break para may conflict ang movie.
🤔 ENDING: Again I warned you. This is a major spoiler so if you plan to watch the movie, better skip this altogether. So eto na nga ang ending. Hindi natuloy ang wedding ni Alex at Sam dahil mas mahal pa ni guy si ate. Pero hindi rin itinuloy ni Toni ang pakikipagrelasyon kay Sam. Umalis na lang si Sam para magpakalayo-layo. Nag reconcile ang magkapatid.
VERDICT: 5/10. Buti na lang nakakaaliw si Alex G kung hindi mas mababa pa sana ito.
This is originally posted in my Facebook Page Gurezu Blog and just reposting it here for redundancy. This is not a formal movie review. This is sort of my train of thoughts while watching it in the theater. Also, this will contain major spoilers. You have been warned.
🤔 May bagong pulis sa istasyon. Mayabang pero pogi na si Jack (Coco Martin). Siya ang bagong ka-partner ni Popoy ( Vic Sotto). Kailangan nilang patumbahin ang isang drug syndicate na matagal nang iniimbestiigahan ni Popoy dahil sangkot ito sa pagkamatay ng dati niyang kaibigan at kapartner (Lito Lapid). And wait there’s more, nandito rin si Emily (Maine Mendoza) , anak ni Popoy at isa ring pulis. You know, para may love interest naman.
🤔 In fairness sa dami ng gag and filler jokes, may tumatama rin naman. Mga 5 out of 20 jokes in comparison.
🤔 Grabe si Coco Martin, hindi nga talaga siya namamatay. Parang isang episode ng “Ang Probinsiyano”. May part dito iyong nag zip line siya. He’s very out in the open-air at ang daming bumabaril sa kaniya. Ni isa walang tumama! Amazing!!!
🤔Ang hot ni Arjo Atayde. Malalim din ang dimples. Iyan yata talaga mga type ni Maine Mendoza.
🤔 Ang ganda ni Coco Martin in drag! Pwede ba magkaroon siya ng film na magbihis babae siya the whole time?
🤔 May drama and twist ang story. Akalain niyo iyon?!
🤔 Noong huli, ginusto ni Vic na siya na lang sumugod sa kuta ng napakaraming kalaban ala Bourne Legacy upang hindi na mapahamak si Coco. Noong kasama nga niya si Coco Martin na hindi namamatay, pumapalpak sila e. Naisip pa niyang mag-isa ? Na walang naiisip na strategy or plano aside sa pagdadala ng maraming armas. What kind of pulis is this? Hindi nag-iisip! (Gigil ako!!!)
🤔 So-so action scenes. Pinaka-nagustuhan ko iyong kay Maine vs. Ryza . Exciting iyong isang iyon in-fairness.
🤔 Nakakatawa si Coco Martin sa bloopers at the end of the movie. Mas nakakatawa siya dun.
VERDICT: 6/10. Nakakaaliw na rin basta forget your utak muna in a while.